Stomach knots, poor sleep, we are all feeling it.
What I do notice is when I put my phone away, work in the garden, help my son with his school-work, or exercise – the knots disappear, so I am learning from that.
To manage myself and I encourage others to do the same – I will Breathe and Be Thankful
I will breathe in for 3, hold for 4 and breathe out for 5.
Be Thankful – During dinner time at home, I have always asked the family what they are grateful for, mostly I get ‘nothing’ from the teens – though the 7 year old always has a response! So maybe we should be more childlike in our gratitude and not be afraid to show our true feelings.
So as I write this I will openly say what I am thankful for:
- Family – whom all of us are protecting by keeping at home.
- To HSC/HSE/NHS staff who work so hard and put systems in place to protect our health and our wellbeing.
- To all key workers who are keeping supply chains going, our essential services turning and helping our Health Service.
- For those in government who are stepping up, making decisions and putting financial support in place to help us get through this.
- My friends, extended family and network who are always sending messages of support.
- My clients who are all going a difficult time and are making tough and compassionate decisions.
- To those designing, producing and providing essential PPE, ventilators and Cpaps.
- To everyone who are offering services free online… I can hardly keep up with their generosity or their tasks!
- To schools and their immediate support to families.
- To those in post war government who created the NHS on 5 July 1948.
- To my husband, who leaves the house to go to work every day, I will do my best to keep a calm household while you are gone and when you come home.
My final words are to those who are suffering in anyway as a result of what we are facing, I am sorry I cannot help you but I will think of you and your families and I will change how I view life and the time with our families. I have started to appreciate what we have a whole lot more.
Breathe and Be Thankful.
This will pass.
Take care and be safe.